Group Study Rooms
Limited numbers of Group Study Rooms are located at both the Modesto A. Maidique Campus and Biscayne Bay Campus libraries and are available only for currently enrolled FIU students. They are available for reservation, through the online Group Study Room Reservation system.
How to locate available Group Study Rooms:
From the Library's homepage, click the link for “Group Study Room Reservations” to reserve a group study room in the Modesto A. Maidique Campus and Biscayne Bay Campus Libraries.
The following rules apply for both the Modesto A. Maidique Campus Library, Biscayne Bay Campus Library, and Engineering Library Services:
- A valid FIU One Card is required to check-out a room. The student must present their FIU One Card at the front desk. No exceptions. No other form of identification will be accepted.
- Reservations that are not claimed within fifteen minutes of the reservation time are subject to cancellation.
- The group study rooms are provided for currently enrolled FIU students in groups of two or more for the purpose of collaborative learning.
- Only one reservation can be held at a time and is restricted to one reservation per day.
- Rooms may not be left unattended at any time. If a room is left unattended its use will be relinquished.
- Neither the Library nor the University is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- No covering is to be placed over the windows and/or door openings.
- No food or beverage - other than water in a closed container - is allowed in the group study rooms.
- A key for the room must be charged out at the Circulation Desk for the allotted reservation. Renewals are possible only if no other group is waiting for the room.
- The student whose card was used to check-out the key is responsible for the key, and the condition of the room. If the key is lost or not returned, there will be a replacement fee of $110.00.
- At the end of the allotted reservation, the key must be returned to the Circulation Desk. A $30 per hour fine will be assessed if the key is not returned within 5 minutes of the reservation end time.
- Please make sure the group study room is locked and empty when you leave.
- While discussion is permitted inside the rooms, the noise level should not interfere with the studies of other individuals in the area.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in the immediate relinquishing of the room.
If you have questions, please visit the Circulation Desk in your campus library.