What is UBorrow?
UBorrow is an interlibrary loan system between the State University Libraries.
Only physical books are available through UBorrow. E-Books and audio-visual materials are not available at this time.
- Login to your Library Account and use the State Catalog to look up books and initiate UBorrow request
- To see if an item is available, select "Show All Locations" and look to see if there are copies whose status is "Available"
- If the title you want is available, click the "UBorrow" button under that item and select your pick up location on the next page
- If a title is unavailable, you will be taken to the ILLiad system where you can request the book through Interlibrary Loan
- Do not try to select a certain library: the system will choose a library for you
- Active requests can be viewed through your Library Account, and once an item arrives, you will receive an email notification
- Available to current FIU faculty, staff, and students only
- Initial loan period is 45 days
- One 30 day renewal (unless item is recalled). Renewals are guaranteed before the due date and take place through "my account."
- Notifications are sent by email
- A limit of twenty (20) UBorrow items can be checked out at any time
- All FIU Libraries fines and fees apply